- 500g ripe mango (chopped)
- 100g sugar
- 250ml water
- 1 lime (juiced)
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Puree the chopped mango in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Combine the cooled sugar syrup, mango puree, and lime juice in a large bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until the sorbet is smooth and frozen.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a shallow container and place it in the freezer. Every 30 minutes, remove the container and stir the mixture vigorously with a fork to break up any ice crystals that may have formed, repeating until the mixture is smooth and frozen.
- Once the sorbet is frozen, transfer it to a lidded container and store it in the freezer until ready to serve.
Recipe by: Shobha Ramkumar