Xinjiang Signature Fried Noodles
Xinjiang Signature Fried Noodles (Ding Ding Chao Mian)
Spinach (1/2 cup)
Cowpea pods (100gms)
1 green onion
1 red and green pepper
3 cloves of garlic
All-purpose flour (1 cup)
Water (1/2 cup)
- Add flour, a pinch of salt, and warm water in a bowl, and knead the dough until your hands and bowl are clean. The Flour-water ratio should be 2:1. Cover the bowl and let it rest for 10 minutes or until the dough is soft.
- Roll the dough into cylinder-shaped stripes. Add a little oil to prevent it from sticking. Cover and let it rest.
- Cut lamb, tomato, pepper, onion, cowpea pods and spinach into small diced cubes. Mince garlic and ginger.
- Pull the dough stripes into noodles and cut them into cubes.
- Drop the noodle cubes into boiled water and stir until they are cooked. When ready, rinse with cold water.
- Heat the oil in a pan and stir-fry pieces of lamb and onions with a pinch of salt. After 1-2 minutes, add cowpea pods, pepper and tomato.
- When it’s half cooked, add a tablespoon of tomato paste and a cup of water. Once it starts boiling, add spinach, garlic and ginger. Boil until everything is cooked.
- Put the cooked noodle cubes and mix everything.